Skip to main content

Sketchdump 09.12.11

Alright, about time for some more sketchbook posts. Besides life drawing I haven't really been keeping up with my sketching until pretty recently. We haven't had class in a couple weeks and I've been wanting to do some drawing.

This first page is just a couple random drawings of sushi. I was kind of hungry for sushi at the time so I decided to draw it since I couldn't go get some to eat. My goal here was to both improve my line and to try and get a sense of texture and perspective with the rendering. Some is more successful than others. Not bad for my first sketches in a couple weeks.


From here I was trying to start to draw some more faces and heads since I never really do that anymore. It was too much of a challenge for me during life drawing to get the heads and faces up to the same level of the body. So here I tried to only draw heads. And not even realistically...I was going for more caricaturish or cartoonish drawings here. Some are decent, some are horrible but here ya go. They are all based on people in the LOTR extra features.


The next page is more of the same, except the sword obviously. The one at the top was too close to "real", the middle two are terrible, and the last three I can start to feel myself getting into a certain groove. More of a nailed down workflow. Still needs a lot of work, but I'm starting to feel more confident of myself. These are also based on people form the LOTR extra features.


The last page are a couple of sketches I did during today's episode of Breaking Bad. Unfortunately I probably missed out on a couple of things during the show, but on the bright side, I think the drawings are pretty decent looking. Again, trying to be more cartoonish/caricaturish and not realistic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walkcycle

Well before Lost, I completed my 2nd go at a basical walk cycle. It's missing some in-betweens but I just wanted to get those steps down first before I tried anything else. It's in the gallery. But here it is anyways. [caption id="attachment_56" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Walkcycle #2"] [/caption]  Based off the guide from the Animator's Survival Kit.

To Add or Not to Add...

Well I couldn't think of a real good topic for a second post quite yet, so this is going to be pretty boring. I know no one has read my blog yet at this point, which is fine considering it's been up for like a day. I haven't really even told anyone about it. Stealthily put the link up on my various profiles. I'm sure someone will stubmble upon it at some point. Anyways, I was pondering whether or not I wanted to add another page. It would be somewhat of a portolio, but not formal or anything. Just some drawings or pictures that I might want to share. But at the same time, I've got my DeviantART page linked over on the side, so having a gallery on here would be kind of redundant. Eh, I might as well anyways. It never hurts to give myself a little more exposure. It's settled then! A new page will be added....at some point. I need to gather a few pictures that I think might be cool to put up here, and find a decent free host to put them up on. I guess for the time

Couple of Pencil Tests

Over the last couple of days, I've taken it upon myself to take the practice I got at work doing thumbnails and stuff, and put it to practical use. A while ago I downloaded this program called "Pencil". I also had a drawing pad that I haven't used in a few weeks. So then I set to work putting my ball with legs on a walk across the screen. On paper I'd only ever penciled out 3 steps. The walk across the screen was 12...quite a bit more than I'd done before. Needless to say, by the end I got kind of decent, although I do have to say that the size of my dude changes a little over time. I can't figure out how to actually put the file on here, so I guess a link will have to do... http://megaswf.com/view/f3a9a29c06a80d98f5fb68931653a08b.html Next I thought I'd change it up a bit. Used the same beginning, but added a surprise. A quick practice in some physics. Not really as good as it can be... http://megaswf.com/view/9831171cf009b1722fbe60f8a59488cc.html Las