Skip to main content

Last Assignment Completed!

And so ends my long journey through AM, but my education is FAR from being complete. The last 12 weeks I think I've made some big strides, but I still need tons of practice.

The reel that I ended up with isn't really that complete. My final shot isn't finished, and only have two other pantomime shots with the simpler rig. I definitely need to do a lot more acting and dialog shots for myself and get those as good as I can get them. As of now though, I'm pretty tired of looking at the work that I've done, and I'm not sure if I'll carry on polishing those shots.

I need at least one more reel worthy acting shot for my reel before I even want to think about applying anywhere for a job. There's some really tough competition out there from both pros and my classmates, and I need to get myself up to that level.

For now though...some much needed rest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi Stewie

Remember that pose I promised a while back? Just did it today, enjoy.

Walkcycle

Well before Lost, I completed my 2nd go at a basical walk cycle. It's missing some in-betweens but I just wanted to get those steps down first before I tried anything else. It's in the gallery. But here it is anyways. [caption id="attachment_56" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Walkcycle #2"] [/caption]  Based off the guide from the Animator's Survival Kit.

Couple of Pencil Tests

Over the last couple of days, I've taken it upon myself to take the practice I got at work doing thumbnails and stuff, and put it to practical use. A while ago I downloaded this program called "Pencil". I also had a drawing pad that I haven't used in a few weeks. So then I set to work putting my ball with legs on a walk across the screen. On paper I'd only ever penciled out 3 steps. The walk across the screen was 12...quite a bit more than I'd done before. Needless to say, by the end I got kind of decent, although I do have to say that the size of my dude changes a little over time. I can't figure out how to actually put the file on here, so I guess a link will have to do... http://megaswf.com/view/f3a9a29c06a80d98f5fb68931653a08b.html Next I thought I'd change it up a bit. Used the same beginning, but added a surprise. A quick practice in some physics. Not really as good as it can be... http://megaswf.com/view/9831171cf009b1722fbe60f8a59488cc.html Las...