Skip to main content

Life Drawing 10.26.09

I haven't posted any of my life drawing in a while, so I decided to take pics of a couple that I did tonight.

I've come a long way from that first class I took down in Irvine. I'm now using materials and methods that I haven't used before and its pretty cool. I now have a collection of charcoals which I use now instead of graphite which I used to use. The instructor is also way better since he actually gives some instruction every week. He also gives some pretty good critiquing while you're working so you can improve your drawings while your working on it to produce a better result.

The top one was done in 20 minutes, and the bottom in an hour. I like the gesture better of the first, but the shading of the second.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi Stewie

Remember that pose I promised a while back? Just did it today, enjoy.

Walkcycle

Well before Lost, I completed my 2nd go at a basical walk cycle. It's missing some in-betweens but I just wanted to get those steps down first before I tried anything else. It's in the gallery. But here it is anyways. [caption id="attachment_56" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Walkcycle #2"] [/caption]  Based off the guide from the Animator's Survival Kit.

Couple of Pencil Tests

Over the last couple of days, I've taken it upon myself to take the practice I got at work doing thumbnails and stuff, and put it to practical use. A while ago I downloaded this program called "Pencil". I also had a drawing pad that I haven't used in a few weeks. So then I set to work putting my ball with legs on a walk across the screen. On paper I'd only ever penciled out 3 steps. The walk across the screen was 12...quite a bit more than I'd done before. Needless to say, by the end I got kind of decent, although I do have to say that the size of my dude changes a little over time. I can't figure out how to actually put the file on here, so I guess a link will have to do... http://megaswf.com/view/f3a9a29c06a80d98f5fb68931653a08b.html Next I thought I'd change it up a bit. Used the same beginning, but added a surprise. A quick practice in some physics. Not really as good as it can be... http://megaswf.com/view/9831171cf009b1722fbe60f8a59488cc.html Las...