Skip to main content

Drawn to Life


After about half a year or so of wanting to get this book (and the second volume as well) I finally got it ordered through Amazon as a birthday gift (thanks Mom!). Man, I totally should have gotten this book sooner. It is seriously filled with typed gold. Not only was I really engaged by the book, I learned A LOT about drawing, gestures, and how to see than I've learned in.....well just about ever. I mean, I've never had a formal training session other than a few weeks of life drawing so I can't compare it to anything...but the way it's changed my style and how I approach drawing in like 3 days is pretty amazing.

(Note: this could also just be because I suck at drawing and I would have known this had I taken a formal class in school =P )

But anyways. I've scanned in a couple pages of PEN sketches that I just did. I've for some reason fallen in love with drawing dresses/cloth at the moment so there's a lot of that going on. Most of the them I'm satisfied with except for two. But as this is my first application of my knew found knowledge, it ain't bad. Just getting those 10,000 bad drawings out of my system (or however many they say it is).



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi Stewie

Remember that pose I promised a while back? Just did it today, enjoy.

Walkcycle

Well before Lost, I completed my 2nd go at a basical walk cycle. It's missing some in-betweens but I just wanted to get those steps down first before I tried anything else. It's in the gallery. But here it is anyways. [caption id="attachment_56" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Walkcycle #2"] [/caption]  Based off the guide from the Animator's Survival Kit.

Couple of Pencil Tests

Over the last couple of days, I've taken it upon myself to take the practice I got at work doing thumbnails and stuff, and put it to practical use. A while ago I downloaded this program called "Pencil". I also had a drawing pad that I haven't used in a few weeks. So then I set to work putting my ball with legs on a walk across the screen. On paper I'd only ever penciled out 3 steps. The walk across the screen was 12...quite a bit more than I'd done before. Needless to say, by the end I got kind of decent, although I do have to say that the size of my dude changes a little over time. I can't figure out how to actually put the file on here, so I guess a link will have to do... http://megaswf.com/view/f3a9a29c06a80d98f5fb68931653a08b.html Next I thought I'd change it up a bit. Used the same beginning, but added a surprise. A quick practice in some physics. Not really as good as it can be... http://megaswf.com/view/9831171cf009b1722fbe60f8a59488cc.html Las...