Skip to main content

Wallace and Gromit


Just picked up the Blu-ray of the entire collection yesterday. It contains the films "A Grand Day Out", "The Wrong Trousers", "A Close Shave", and "A Matter of Loaf and Death". I've definitely seen the first two, and I think I've seen the third as well. It also contains a whole bunch of "Cracking Contraptions" shorts and behind-the-scenes documentaries.

I hadn't seen any of these in a while, and saw that there was a Blu-ray released this week a couple of days ago. I then watched a few of those "Cracking Contraptions" shorts on youtube and was instantly reminded how amazing these guys are. They all excel in story, humor, and animation. The ridiculousness of Wallace and the emotion you get out of Gromit is something to admire.

If you haven't seen any of their stuff before I really really recommend watching them. It's something everyone should have in their lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi Stewie

Remember that pose I promised a while back? Just did it today, enjoy.

Walkcycle

Well before Lost, I completed my 2nd go at a basical walk cycle. It's missing some in-betweens but I just wanted to get those steps down first before I tried anything else. It's in the gallery. But here it is anyways. [caption id="attachment_56" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Walkcycle #2"] [/caption]  Based off the guide from the Animator's Survival Kit.

Couple of Pencil Tests

Over the last couple of days, I've taken it upon myself to take the practice I got at work doing thumbnails and stuff, and put it to practical use. A while ago I downloaded this program called "Pencil". I also had a drawing pad that I haven't used in a few weeks. So then I set to work putting my ball with legs on a walk across the screen. On paper I'd only ever penciled out 3 steps. The walk across the screen was 12...quite a bit more than I'd done before. Needless to say, by the end I got kind of decent, although I do have to say that the size of my dude changes a little over time. I can't figure out how to actually put the file on here, so I guess a link will have to do... http://megaswf.com/view/f3a9a29c06a80d98f5fb68931653a08b.html Next I thought I'd change it up a bit. Used the same beginning, but added a surprise. A quick practice in some physics. Not really as good as it can be... http://megaswf.com/view/9831171cf009b1722fbe60f8a59488cc.html Las...