Skip to main content

Heavy Block Lift

So I decided yesterday that my first full body animation test is going to be a dude lifting a heavy block.

Our network was out for like 6 hours at work yesterday, and all the work I do is off network drives, so I was sketching out some thumbnails of a block lift, and pushing a block up an incline. I kind of got a feel for how to bend the spine and stuff.

Since yesterday I've done a bit of a pencil test. Up until my last iteration I actually hadn't looked up any information in my 'Animator's Survival Kit' book. After consulting the book, all I did was edit the beginning frames with the U-shaped arched back. Beforehand, they were going the same direction as the other frames. Here is my progress so far with some blocking for timing.
http://megaswf.com/view/c1b8f87058d9e4304084d2c5ff65ba3f.html

I haven't decided yet if I actually want him to put the block on the other block, or just to fall over backwards from the weight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi Stewie

Remember that pose I promised a while back? Just did it today, enjoy.

Walkcycle

Well before Lost, I completed my 2nd go at a basical walk cycle. It's missing some in-betweens but I just wanted to get those steps down first before I tried anything else. It's in the gallery. But here it is anyways. [caption id="attachment_56" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Walkcycle #2"] [/caption]  Based off the guide from the Animator's Survival Kit.

Couple of Pencil Tests

Over the last couple of days, I've taken it upon myself to take the practice I got at work doing thumbnails and stuff, and put it to practical use. A while ago I downloaded this program called "Pencil". I also had a drawing pad that I haven't used in a few weeks. So then I set to work putting my ball with legs on a walk across the screen. On paper I'd only ever penciled out 3 steps. The walk across the screen was 12...quite a bit more than I'd done before. Needless to say, by the end I got kind of decent, although I do have to say that the size of my dude changes a little over time. I can't figure out how to actually put the file on here, so I guess a link will have to do... http://megaswf.com/view/f3a9a29c06a80d98f5fb68931653a08b.html Next I thought I'd change it up a bit. Used the same beginning, but added a surprise. A quick practice in some physics. Not really as good as it can be... http://megaswf.com/view/9831171cf009b1722fbe60f8a59488cc.html Las...